Tips on Cleaning Refrigerator
Some things that can accumulate dirt as subtle as a refrigerator. White interior will fool you to think that everything is hunky dory. You will not see a small spill on the back, cracked and leaking eggs, and signs on the shelves of dal and curry containers. This is why knowing how to maintain and Tips on Cleaning Refrigerator freezer you in a proper way is important. All Electric Care Services provides complete fridge repairs in Kolkata and Pune.
The first inkling you’ll have your refrigerator may not be as clean as you think it is going to be a stain on the bottle at the bottom of the bottle tray. Look a little deeper and you’ll see a grayish of dirt near the vent, a small spill of curry, assorted crumbs and pieces of bread, fruits and vegetables, and what is not.
Now before you pull your hair, take a deep breath and relax.
Cleaning the fridge is easy – and fun! In fact, so easy that you can make a family activity to teach your children the importance of cleaning and showing them how to keep things in a smart way in the refrigerator. Also, if you are in a stressful job, then you need to allocate an hour each month to clean out your refrigerator and take the stress.
Okay, enough talk about how easy it is and how much of a stress-buster. Let’s go down there.
Top 6 Tips on Cleaning Refrigerator
Turn the refrigerator and take things in
The first thing you need to do is turn off the fridge and take part in the event. If you have things like the meat in the freezer or ice cream places them in a refrigerator or casserole. If you use a casserole, with an ice pack and seal the top with a lid. This will ensure they remain cold for an hour or so you will need to clean the refrigerator.
If you keep things on a wooden table, remember to put some plastic tablemats below. Items still cold and they will release the water after they were out at room temperature. The tablemats will prevent them from making the wet wood and create havoc.
Clean the tray and the first basket
Taking trays and baskets and soak in hot water. Clean those in normal water will not be effective. A good way to get them cleaned up is to soak for 5-10 minutes in hot water (not boiling hot in case you’re wondering) and give them a good cleaning. Use a new sponge or scrub pad (such as Scotch-Brite) to clean off everything well. Now leave them to dry.
Get cleaning supplies
Make cleaning lotion vinegar and warm water. Nothing cleans better than this if you are looking for a mixture of cleaning fluid is harmless and does the job well. Harsh cleansers should be avoided. If you have some tough stains, you can use baking soda or a particular dish cleaning solvents or cleaning fluids such as Colin or other similar brands. Also, if you see a tough stain, get a toothbrush because you will need to remove sticky or slippery.
Get the right fabric
Always use a cotton cloth or microfiber cloth. If you use cotton fabric, still 4-5 pieces the size of a large handkerchief before you start. If you use a microfiber cloth, then buy some to spare and you can use it to clean other things around the house than the fridge. Remember not to use paper towels. They broke up when they get wet and you will have another job in your hand cleaning wet paper afterwards.
Clean, clean and clean
Start with the area near the vents, because you might miss them later when you get a little tired. Clean the bottle rack and sides, eggs and butter tray and the bottom where crisper box rest. For areas with stains, use baking soda or cleaning fluids.
It is better to have two clothes to begin with. Use one soaked in vinegar and hot water to remove dirt and dust and the other to wipe the area dry. After the first one gets dirty, soak a cloth drying in a mixture of vinegar and a fresh take to dry the cleaned area. It will take you anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour to clean the refrigerator depending on how dirty it was.
Clean the outside with a cotton cloth. You can moisten one if the refrigerator exterior is really dirty and stained but remember to immediately follow it up with a dry cloth. Vinegar lotion should work here too, but if you feel a little fragile, stick to standard cleaning fluids.
Replace the trays and baskets but…
When you are done, leave the refrigerator door open for some time to dry inside. During this time, clean the shelves and trays to dry if they are not dry. Give special attention to the crisper tray and ice trays because they have a tendency to stay wet in the gap and a certain angle. Also, make sure that the setting temperature is always below 5 degrees Celsius. Freezer should be below zero degrees.
Maintenance Hacks for Your Fridge
Once the trays and baskets are in place, here is what you need to do:
- Put a plastic mat or a kitchen towel on the tray and below the box crisper. You can also use plastic wrap and even cling film. Remember to put a kitchen towel on the bottom of the rack. This will ensure that any juice from vegetables or fruits will not make a very dirty bottom. Replace this paper every week for best results.
- Clean water droplets from the container before you put them back. This is to prevent any chaos and the bottle will not slip out of the hands of your children.
- Move all the rest to a glass container. This will ensure you see them and eat them instead of forgetting them in for weeks. You can also use stickers or post-its to mark the things separately.
- If you are determined to keep the same things together, then buy a few trays or bins where you can put things like together. This is especially true for freezer ice on meat and fish package makes it difficult to pull them out. Keep them in a separate box will make it easier to carry them out, especially if you have a refrigerator non frost-free.
- Save the container of activated carbon in the back of the bottom shelf. This will eliminate the smell of the refrigerator better. If you do not have the activated carbon in the house, then keep a bowl of baking soda or cut the lemon in half and put it in for 2-3 days before replacing it with one another. If you like the smell of coffee, you can also save some coffee beans in a small bowl to keep the refrigerator smelling good.
And there you have it! Keeping cleaning tips and hacks care above in mind will ensure you get a clean refrigerator that will rival anything you see in the ads. If you would like fridge repairs in Pune, Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and etc, call All Electric Care Services today!